Huge size electronic item like fridge needs much more caution then other appliances due to its size and weight. People become nervous and confused while it comes to move a refrigerator, as they are unsure about what can stay in and what not while it. Below mentioned steps will help in handling this tricky piece better way. It is always suggested to hire professional home relocation services Mumbai in this regard.
Here are Some Essential Tips that you Should know when Relocating Refrigerator:
- Preparation for Packing:
- The plan of shifting refrigerator should be done a day in advance. Every fridge is different, so it is important to read manual book well before moving it. This will help in taking necessary safety measures to handle appliance properly.
- First and foremost is to take out everything from inside. Ensure that refrigerator and freezer, both are properly vacated. All perishable eatables, which are kept inside should be consumed or distributed to neighbours and friends. All other items kept inside should be packed properly and kept in one corner. Medicines and injections may get spoiled in room temperature, so they should be kept in neighbour’s fridge till you move.
- Take out ice-cube trays to avoid mess and saving them from getting damaged while moving. Remove the shelves and pack them separately along with trays. In case of many shelves, use colour stickers to avoid confusion after relocation.
- Unplug from power supply and properly coil the power cord. While moving, do not forget to tie the cord properly with fridge body to avoid breaking. Keep refrigerator door open for overnight to defrost the ice inside freezer. This would take 6-8 hours, so better you do it well before relocating. Wipe entire fridge properly with dry cloth from inside before start packing.
- Best Packing Techniques:
- Fasten refrigerator doors properly by using ropes. Ensure that you tie doors such a way, that while moving they don’t open up otherwise this may end up breaking them.
- Do not tie doors very tightly, otherwise they will pull out of alignment. Such mistake may end up damaging them permanently.
- If move is going to be an overnight journey, then keep the doors slightly open to maintain proper ventilation inside and to prevent growing any mildew.
- Moving Cautiously:
- Never try to lift fridge by your own, rather take help of neighbours and friends. For best results, take professional help from Movers and Packers Mumbai to make entire move absolutely safe.
- Refrigerator dolly is considered best moving equipment, which can easily shift the appliance from one location to another safely and comfortably. Place the bottom of the refrigerator over it, and use straps to avoid any accident while moving.
- Maintain upright position correctly to avoid oil seeping into cooling tubes while lifting and moving. Never move refrigerator on its side or back. Doing so is a highly risky, as oil inside compressor may flow into cooling tubes, which can damage the cooling system when restarted. If side move becomes necessary, then ensure that upright angle is properly maintained.
- It is safe to move in the opposite tilt to maintain safety. Ensure that one person is constantly engaged to hold handles of the doors to avoid accident.
- It is best to hire a Mover and Packer Mumbai to avoid any accident while loading. They are equipped with advanced technology to handle any situation. Please ensure that upright position is maintained while moving. Same precautions must be taken while unloading also. Allow refrigerator to settle in one position for 3-4 hours before plugging in. This will allow oil and fluid to flow back into compressor to avoid any mutilation. Refrigerator may take 1-2 days to return to the proper cooling like before. Rearrange all the shelves like before by using manual book and start using it regularly.