Headaches, heartburns, acidity etc are very common ailments that often plague us. Just because you are pregnant that does not mean that these ailments will magically disappear. You can go into a proper regularised routine in order to minimise the frequency and intensity of these problems or you have to take recourse to medication.
But, did you know that you should not take certain medications during your pregnancy? For example, just because you have a headache you cannot pop a pill of aspirin! Aspirin and Ibuprofen are two very common drugs that we take for the most common ailments. But when you become pregnant these drugs are not good for you and your baby. So you will need to avoid them. The list of medication to avoid during your pregnancy is a pretty long one which you can search from any Medications and Best Pregnancy Website. But then what are the medicines that you can have during your pregnancy for such common ailments? Here are some medicines that you can have when you are pregnant:
- If you are suffering from any sort of allergic reaction then you can take medicines like Benadryl and nasal sprays. They should be of a specific composition which your doctor will prescribe for you. Do not go to the drug store and just buy one without asking your doctor first. In general such medications have been ruled to be safe during pregnancies. You can also use Rhinocort, in case of very serious nasal allergic reactions, but it is best to ask your doctor first since it contains steroid.
- Constipation is a major problem during pregnancy. If you are suffering from the problem of constipation, then the medicine that you can try is Citrucil and Colace. Fibercon is also a very good option when it comes to treating constipation in pregnant women. Milk of Magnesia has also been found to be a good medicine for this ailment.
- Vomiting and nausea is such a common occurrence during pregnancy. It comes with morning sickness as a whole. Vitamin B6 tablets of 100mg are the best option to treat this feeling during pregnancy. In case of serious bouts of vomiting you can try Emetrex which is safe for consumption for pregnant women.
- Headaches are probably the most common ailments that people suffer from and during pregnancy this might increase. So in situations like this, instead of aspirin you should go for Tylenol which is a very good option. In fact Tylenol serves as one of the top Safe Medicines During Pregnancy.
- If you are suffering from cold and flu then instead of going for the traditional options try out Tylenol which is one of the most effective cures for such ailments. You can also Dristan, Sudafed etc. If you do take Sudafed, do not take it without consulting your doctor, since your pregnancy might have complications where this medicine might not function properly. Gargle with salt water and taking proper rest are the best ways to treat cold and flu.
These are some medicines that are safe to take during your pregnancy. Consult with your doctor to get a prepared list.